|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
North Adams School Committee MeetingAugust 04, 2020
Meetings & Notices
CITY OF NORTH ADAMS, MASSACHUSETTS
NORTH ADAMS SCHOOL COMMITTEE
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
The North Adams School Committee will hold a remote meeting, via zoom.us on Tuesday, August 4, at 5:30.
Pursuant to Governor Bakerís March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, ß18, and the Governorís March 23 and 31, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the North Adams School Committee will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city of North Adamsí website, at http://www.northadams-ma.gov/index.php?nav_id=13.
1) Call to Order
2) Chair statement for virtual meetings
3) Roll call vote to move into executive session
Pursuant to MGL Chapter 30A, Section 21(a)(3), an executive session of the North Adams School Committee to:
1) discuss strategy with respect to negotiations with the Business Administrator and the chair deems discussion in open session could be detrimental to negotiations
2) approve minutes from executive sessions held on December 3, 2019; April 7, 2020; April 15, 2020; and May 5, 2020-Vote
3) accept approved minutes from executive sessions held on June 18, 2019; September 3, 2019; October 1, 2019; and October 29, 2019-Vote
with no intent to return to open session.
Chair Thomas Bernard
North Adams School Committee
July 29, 2020
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business. No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.