|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
Conservation Commission MeetingMarch 23, 2020
Meetings & Notices
Explanatory language about the use of virtual meetings during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, Governor Baker issued an emergency Order on March 12, 2020, allowing public bodies greater flexibility in utilizing technology in the conduct of meetings under the Open Meeting Law. The City of North Adams greatly values the participation of its citizens in the public meeting process, but given the current circumstances and recommendations at both the state and federal levels to limit or avoid public gatherings, including Governor Baker’s ban on gatherings of more than 25 people, together with the present closure of North Adams City Hall and other public buildings to the public, the City of North Adams has decided to implement the “remote participation” procedures allowed under Governor Baker’s emergency Order for all boards, committees, and commissions. This means that:
1. All or any of the members of the public body may choose to participate in a public meeting via remote access. Meetings may be virtual, in their entirety.
2. The public will not be allowed into a Board/Committee meeting, even where there are any members of the public body and/or City of North Adams staff or official(s) physically present at the meeting location during the meeting. “Public comment” portions of meetings will be temporarily suspended.
3. However, the public will be provided with alternative access through which they can watch or listen to meetings “in real time,” and meeting notices will specify the manner in which members of the public may access audio or video of the meeting as it is occurring.
4. If, despite our best efforts, our technological capabilities do not adequately support public access to virtual or remote meetings, the City of North Adams will ensure that an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of the proceedings at the meeting is posted on the City of North Adams website as soon as possible after the meeting.
5. Notices for public hearings will contain additional information about how the public may participate via electronic/technological means.
6. For executive session meetings, public access to the meeting will be limited to the open session portion(s) of the meeting only. Public access to any audio, video, internet or web-based broadcast of the meeting will be discontinued when the public body enters executive session.
7. Where individuals have a right, or are required, to attend a public meeting or hearing, including executive session meetings, they will be provided with information about how to participate in the meeting/hearing remotely.
8. Meeting notices will still be posted at least 48 hours in advance (not counting Saturdays, Sundays, or legal holidays), unless it is an emergency meeting as defined under the Open Meeting Law (in which event, the meeting notice will be posted with as much advanced notice as is possible in the circumstances). Minutes will still be taken.
CITY OF NORTH ADAMS, MASSACHUSETTS
Monday, March 23, 2020
The North Adams Conservation Commission will hold a public hearing pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 131, Section 40, Wetlands Protection Act in City Hall, Conference Room 110, 10 Main Street, North Adams, at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the North Adams Conservation Commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the City of North Adams website, at http://www.northadams-ma.gov/index.php?nav_id=13. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so in the following manner: via teleconference at https://zoom.us/j/102032018, see specific call instructions located at the end of the meeting notice. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the City of North Adams website an audio recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Roll call 6:00 p.m.
Public hearings new business
• A Notice of Intent submitted by Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. on behalf of the City of North Adams Airport Commission for property located at 836 State Road to install a security fence around the Harriman-and-West (North Adams) Municipal Airport (AQW).
• A Request for Determination of Applicability submitted by Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art for property located at 1040 MASS MoCA Way to determine whether the proposed project to repurpose an existing water tank structure to house an experiential light-based artwork is subject to the Wetlands Protection Act.
Approval of minutes
• Public meeting – January 6, 2020
Jason Moran, Chairman
North Adams Conservation Commission
Posted March 19, 2020
City of North Adams is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Conservation Commission
Time: Mar 23, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 102 032 018
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,102032018# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,102032018# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 102 032 018
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abdQYhV9Ep